Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England training is designed to teach people to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health issues, offer initial help and guide a person towards support.
Training does not teach you how to be a therapist, but teaches people how to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms of mental health issues.
- Provide initial help
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
The training is delivered over 2 days and is very popular across the UK – for bringing the Mental Health agenda to the workplace of for self-development and overall knowledge around mental health and well-being.
AZT Consultancy have a strong background in education, learning and development and mental health.
The training course is divided into 4 parts:
- Mental Health First aid, mental health and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce stigmas surrounding mental health issues
The sessions are delivered using a combination of group discussions, activities and presentations. Delegates receive excellent support resources, including a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook. The training environment is safe and confidential – and delegates’ wellbeing is of upmost importance. You do not have to participate if you do not feel comfortable.
We also offer in-house training.
For further enquiries please contact Amanda below:
All our instructors are quality assured MHFA instructors who have attended the instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and are trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Find more information about booking tickets below